Corporate Social Responsibility
Anheuser-Busch and Pepin Distributing Company are the global industry leaders in promoting responsible drinking and fighting alcohol abuse. We have a vested interest in the responsible consumption of our beers. We don't want anyone consuming our products illegally - ever. After, all, we're parents too - sharing the same concerns as every other parent about these issues.
Family Talk About Drinking – Recognizing that parents have the greatest influence on their children's decisions about drinking, Family Talk encourages open, honest communication between parents and children. Developed by an advisory panel of education, family counseling, child psychology and alcohol treatment professionals, the Family Talk parent guide is available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese. More than 7 million copies have been distributed free to parents and educators by Anheuser-Busch and its nationwide network of distributors. Videos are available in Spanish and English. For more information, visit www.familytalkonline.com.
Operation ID/We I.D. – Anheuser-Busch and Pepin Distributing Company offers retailers training and a variety of materials that help them check and verify valid I.D.s. These materials include We I.D. signage and stickers at retailers that remind consumers they will be ask to show I.D. before purchasing alcohol; We I.D. cards (available in English, Spanish and Korean) that list tips on how to spot fake IDs; drivers license booklets that feature photos of valid driver's licenses from all 50 states, U.S. territories and the Canadian provinces; and wristbands that retailers can use to identify customers who have already shown proof of legal age.
Prevent. Don't Provide – Research from the 2003 National Academy of Sciences has shown that youth usually obtain alcohol — directly or indirectly — from adults. Our Prevent. Don't Provide program reminds parents and other adults not to buy alcohol for minors or provide it to them at parties – no matter the occasion. The National Fatherhood Initiative, The International Association of Fire Chiefs and The Association of Junior Leagues International support this campaign. For more information, visit www.preventdontprovide.com.
We have one position on drunk driving: We oppose it. One drunk driver behind the wheel is one too many, and getting intoxicated drivers off the road has been our goal for decades.
• Wanna Go Home With Me Tonight? I'm the Designated Driver is Budweiser's newest designated driver program. By playing on the double entendre tagline, adult consumers are encouraged in a fun way to designate a driver before going out for the evening.
• Designated Driver - Anheuser-Busch and its nationwide network of distributors implement numerous designated driver programs in markets throughout the country that promote the use of designated drivers at bars, restaurants and home parties. Consumers typically receive free non-alcohol beverages or discounts on food from bars or restaurants in exchange for being named the designated driver in a group and refraining from drinking on that occasion.
• Alert Cab - This program brings together local distributors, cab companies, and retail establishments to provide free or reduced-fare cab rides to bar and restaurant patrons who need a safe ride home. More than 204,000 safe rides were provided by Anheuser-Busch distributors through cab and shuttle programs in 2008. More than 1.4 million safe rides home have been provided since 1989.
• Tow to Go - We partnered with the American Automobile Association (AAA) for its Tow To Go program, which provides a free tow to a driver who may have overindulged. This service is available during key holidays.
• Zingo Scooter Program - If an adult needs a safe ride home, an independent representative rides a foldable scooter to meet the customer at his or her vehicle, places the scooter in the trunk and drives that person home.
• Boating Safety - This program, supported by the National Safe Boating Council, reminds boaters, water skiers and other water recreation enthusiasts to be responsible on the water in all activities. The program includes consumer materials that offer tips on hypothermia, safety equipment, distress signals and responsible drinking.
Our message on college campuses is clear. If you're 21 and older and choose to drink, please drink responsibly. If you're under 21, respect the law - don't drink. Personal responsibility is the foundation for addressing these issues, and only when students are armed with the facts can they make informed decisions.
College Talk- This program is designed to help parents continue communicating openly and honestly with their children on the subject of drinking as students prepare for college and begin a life on their own. College Talk was developed by an advisory panel of authorities in the fields of education; family therapy; student health and wellness; alcohol treatment; and social norms marketing; and through conversations with parents and students. Visit www.collegetalkonline.com for more information.
We have a vested interest in the responsible consumption of our products. No company benefits when its products are misused.
• Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) - We help provide TIPS server training to educate bartenders, wait staff and store clerks on how to identify and prevent potential alcohol abuse situations and properly check IDs. Developed by Morris Chafetz, M.D., the founding director of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, this program also discusses techniques through which servers can help prevent drunk driving, such as calling a cab for patrons who may have had too much to drink, or encouraging friends to provide a safe-ride home.
• Good Sport - is a communications, training and management program designed to help stadium operators, team owners and concessionaires promote positive crowd behavior by encouraging fan responsibility.
Pepin Distributing reminds you to always enjoy our products responsibly and sponsors the Home Safe Card!
Had too much to drink while celebrating with friends? With the Home Safe Card, you don’t have to get behind the wheel – and neither do your friends. Exploring unfamiliar territory in your home town – or someone else’s? The Home Safe card is there to help you get back to safer, more familiar surroundings. Did your date turn out to be less of a gentleman than he seemed? The Home Safe Card is the modern manifestation of "mad money" — that secret stash of "just in case" taxi fare that your grandmother used to take on her dates. Wherever you are in our great nation, whatever your reason for needing a safe way home, the Home Safe Card will be ready to take you there.
It’s Not Just Smart, It’s Safe
From business trips, to personal commutes, the Home Safe Card gets you where you need to go without the need to carry cash or credit cards. The Home Safe Card is a prepaid transportation-only card that can be activated for use right away. Our card is accepted natiowide for use with rental cars, taxis, mass transit systems, all major airlines and more.
Protecting What You’re Passionate About
Everyone Knows Someone Who Needs a Home Safe Card. Who Is that person for you? The Home Safe Card is the right choice made easy. Order your Home Safe Card today!
For more information please visit: http://www.homesafecard.com/